In accordance to the promulgation of the POPI Act (Protection of Private Information) Act 2020 the company wishes to state the in order to address the approach to the protection of information of its clients and other shareholders/stakeholders:
The POPI Act 2020 requires that businesses in South Africa ensure that the information collected and used by the company is protected from the use or abuse of third parties.
The Company has listed all information collected and used during the conducting of its business activities. The full list of information collected and held is available upon request from The Company.
The below list addresses the particular approach to the retention and protection of public information.
The company will review the Policy annually in order to address changes in legislation, technology and business practices, in order to continue to safeguard the information to the best of our abilities:
We therefore state as follows –
- We respect your privacy and will take reasonable measures to protect it, as more fully detailed below.
- Should you decide to register as a user on the Website, we may require you to provide us with personal information which includes but is not limited to –
- your name and surname;
- your email address;
- your physical address;
- your gender;
- your mobile number; and
- your date of birth.
- Should your personal information change, please inform us and provide us with updates to your personal information as soon as reasonably possible to enable us to update your personal information.
- You may choose to provide additional personal information to us, in which event you agree to provide accurate and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
- Subject to clause 15.6 below, we will not, without your express consent:
- use your personal information for any purpose other than as set out below:
- in relation to the ordering, sale and delivery of Goods;
- to contact you regarding current or new Goods or services or any other goods offered by us or any of our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
- to inform you of new features, special offers and promotional competitions offered by us or any of our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us); and
- to improve our product selection and your experience on our Website by, for example, monitoring your browsing habits, or tracking your sales on the Website; or
- disclose your personal information to any third party other than as set out below:
- to our employees and/or third party service providers who assist us to interact with you via our Website, email or any other method, for the ordering of Goods or when delivering Goods to you, and thus need to know your personal information in order to assist us to communicate with you properly and efficiently;
- to our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (including their employees and/or third party service providers) in order for them to interact directly with you via email or any other method for purposes of sending you marketing material regarding any current or new goods or services, new features, special offers or promotional items offered by them (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
- to law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report or support the investigation into suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of these Terms and Conditions;
- to our service providers (under contract with us) who help with parts of our business operations (fraud prevention, marketing, technology services etc). However, our contracts dictate that these service providers may only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit;
- to our suppliers in order for them to liaise directly with you regarding any faulty Goods you have purchased which requires their involvement; and
- to any Third Party Seller for purposes of sending you an invoice for any Goods purchased from such Third Party Seller, which disclosed information will be limited to your email address (refer to clause 14 above).
- We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property. In the event of a fraudulent online payment, The Company is entitled to disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it.
- We will ensure that all of our employees, third party service providers, divisions, affiliates and partners (including their employees and third party service providers) having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality obligations in relation to your personal information.
- Ratings and Reviews: When you provide a rating or review of our services, you consent to us using that rating or review as we deem fit, including without limitation on the Website, in newsletters or other marketing material. The name that will appear next to that rating or review is your First Name, as you would have provided upon registration. If you do not agree to this, please do not put any ratings or reviews on the Website. We will not display your Last Name, nor any of your contact details, with a rating or review.
- We will –
- treat your personal information as strictly confidential, save where we are entitled to share it as set out in this policy;
- take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- provide you with access to your personal information to view and/or update personal details;
- promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
- provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable notice and request; and
- upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control, save for that which we are legally obliged to retain.
- We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
- The Company undertakes never to sell or make your personal information available to any third party other than as provided for in this policy.
- Whilst we will do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.
- use your personal information for any purpose other than as set out below:
The use of The Company’s website and the communication tools available on our website, is subject to you accepting and complying with certain terms and conditions. By making use of our website and communication tools, you agree and accept such terms and conditions.
Without limiting the generality of the aforesaid, the information provided on this website is intended to provide you, the user, with objective information about The Company’s products and services. The information is not intended to constitute a recommendation, guidance or proposal in regard to the suitability of any product in respect of any specific needs you or your company may have.
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information contained on this website, The Company and its directors, officers and employees provide no representation or warranty, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, completeness or correctness of information contained in this website and in particular in no way warrants that this website, the content provided or information contained therein will be error-free or that it will meet any particular criteria of accuracy, completeness or reliability of information, performance or quality.
The Company and its directors, officers and employees shall not be responsible and disclaims any liability for, any loss, damage (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) and/or expense of any nature whatsoever, which may be suffered as a result of or which may be attributable, directly or indirectly, to the use of, or reliance upon any information, links or service provided through this website.
Although The Company has taken reasonable steps to ensure the integrity of this website, including the content provided and the information contained therein, no warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, is made regarding the aforesaid. Any warranty implied by law is excluded except to the extent that such exclusion would be unlawful.
The contents of, in particular, emails which you may receive as a result of your use of our website, and any accompanying documents, are confidential and may be subject to legal privilege and client confidentiality. Any use of these, in whatever form, by anyone other than the addressee is strictly prohibited.
By communicating with us through electronic means, you consent to receiving communications electronically and agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and all other communications transmitted by electronic means satisfy any legal requirement, including but not limited to the requirement that such communication should be in writing. Unless otherwise agreed, an email is only considered to be received by us once we have confirmed receipt; and an email is only considered to be sent by us once reflected as ‘sent’ on The Company email server.
Nothing contained on our website constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement or offer by The Company, including in regard to buying, selling or holding any securities or investments, but shall merely be considered as an invitation to do business.